Thursday 13 November 2014

Music Videos That Have Inspired Me- Move by Little Mix


Little Mix's music video for 'Move' inspired me simply because I love the dance routines and lighting in it. As my song is about lights, lighting is going to be a vital factor in my music video and is going to be a tool that I must use effectively in order to convey the message of the song.




In this shot, I like the way that all the members of the band are silhouetted against the bright lights in the background. This is something I would like to incorporate into my music video because it creates a mysterious feel which I feel would be very effective. I think that this would be best used in the beginning of the video because it would captivate the audience as they will want to see who the artist is and not just their shadow.







In this shot, I love the lighting which is the neon rectangular shapes on the walls as I think that it is an original idea and I would like to be able to use lighting in a way that is as effective as this in my music video. I also think that the dance routine in this scene is really good because it isn't too complicated and is done completely in sync. 









I love the slightly out of focus shot here because you still have the twinkly light effect that it creates but you also have the main focus on the artist so that the audience don't get distracted too much from them. In a music video it is important to show the artist as much as possible because the whole point of them is to promote them and get people to buy the song.






Finally, in this shot I am inspired by the way that the light almost seems to be radiating from the girls. This is because they are in the middle of the shot and they light is shining away from them. This draws the audiences attention to the band and again, it is important that the audience's focus is on them so that people feel they can connect with them more.



No comments:

Post a Comment