Wednesday 19 November 2014

Music Videos That Have Inspired Me- Black Space by Taylor Swift



This music video is very recent and I love the close-up's that are used in it. Although this isn't a factor in my music video, I really like the storyline behind it and the way that she is playing a crazy villain which is different to a lot of her previous videos. This music video is about her laughing at the rumours that she can't keep a man and always writes songs about them. It isn't possible to read too much into the lyrics of my chosen song because it is quite a simple concept in comparison to this.




I love the way that the music video is very central to her and is focused on showing close-ups of her. I chose this shot because this has given me inspiration as to how I would like to do make-up in the video. I love the way she has signature red lipstick and this is her trademark.





This music video uses lots of symmetrical framing, which has been inspired by the director Stanley Kubrick. It makes the frame look more artistic and effective because the visual power is so great while creating a sense of unity. I would like to try and make my music video as symmetrical as possible.



In this shot I really liked the way that the lyrics of the song are perfectly depicted in the music video, for example the lyrics here are: Screaming, crying, perfect storms, I could make all the tables turn, Rose garden filled with thorns, Keep you second guessing like oh my god, Who is she? I get drunk on jealousy

No comments:

Post a Comment