Saturday 13 December 2014

Ideas For My Song- 'Lights'

I chose Ellie Goulding's song 'Lights' because I feel like I have the freedom to use lots of different ideas and types of lighting to keep with the theme of the song. When I first heard it I had lots of ideas and even though its not my favourite song, I feel that I can incorporate a lot of different ideas into it. I am hoping that my music video will keep the audience entertained due to the different shots I want to film. 

There is a music video to this song but it was done in 2011 so it has been out for a while. I have watched it a few times to give me some inspiration but when I first heard it, I had completely different ideas to the original music video, such as using a green screen . Therefore I don't have to worry about feeling like I have copied the video because I know mine will be completely different.  

The research that I have done has inspired me because I picked songs that have a similar theme to mine so that I can easily relate to them. For example, because lighting is such an important part to this music video, I picked songs that have lots of lights in them so that I could see how it was done professionally and maybe try and replicate it. 

I also looked at the different types of music videos, (for example, showcase, spectacle...) and discovered that I would like my music video to focus on the artist so that the audience can relate to them. Therefore my music video is going to fall into the showcase category. I want my music video to leave the audience feeling happy and cheerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment